Saturday, September 21, 2013

Only 9 More Days!

I'm tired from painting for 20 days straight so it was tough to paint today. I've been satisfied with the work I've been posting all week but since I felt exhausted, it was difficult for me to feel creative or content with anything I did in my studio. I painted for over four hours and don't much care for the results. However, since the 30 in 30 challenge is all about painting and posting daily, I think it's important to put these two pieces up. I realize I can't always produce art I like, but at the end of the day, I still want to! What is useful, is showing up and doing the work anyway because completing this challenge in nine more days will feel terrific. I'm hoping after a good night sleep, I'll feel encouraged to attack this challenge with renewed inspiration again tomorrow. The best part of my day today? Watching my daughter and her volleyball team win two games. Go Crowns!

The first piece is oil on a 6x8 canvas panel and entitled "SEASIDE WHEELBARROW."
 The second piece, Day 21 is "SOLO" and is oil on gesso board and done with a palette knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment