Sunday, September 1, 2013

DAY 1- 30 Paintings in 30 days!

On day 1 of my 30 day challenge, I decided my theme for the month is Maritime Madness.  However, I reserve the right to go off on a few tangents should inspiration strike!  My 1st painting entitled 'Catalina Buoy,' is a 5x7 oil on canvas board, available framed for $125. at www.seashop.bigcartel.com
The first of several I'll paint from photos I took on the island last spring, I love how from this angle, the buoy looks enormous compared to the boat. I was also inspired by it's eggplant color next to the turquoise on the boat.

I began a creative surge this week by making homemade granola, planting more lettuce and chard in a shady part of the garden, working on several chapters of the novel I'm writing and uploading a few new items to Seashop. I do my best work in weekly or monthly surges and then take time off to read, cook and reflect. But now it's time to focus on painting, so I prepared a few canvasses yesterday and planned my first five paintings so when I go up to my studio daily, I don't feel overwhelmed and wonder what to paint next. I'll post new work every few days!

2 comments:

  1. Great start to the challenge, Shannon! I like the colors being close in range, but with enough contrast to be interesting. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start, I love the depth in this painting

    ReplyDelete