Thursday, September 26, 2013

BOATS, BOATS & BOATS

On day 27 of my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, I find myself finishing yet another boat. When I went to the Ventura Harbor recently to photograph boats with my pal Shari, we went to see her fishing vessel, but unbeknownst to her it was out for repairs and not in the slip! So we walked around and saw many others, including this little fella. Hope you enjoy "HARBOR PATROL." I've also included three other boats I did this month entitled, "DOCKED," from yesterday, "BEACHED" and "SOLO."

It is so rewarding to see 27 new sea-inspired paintings in various stages of drying, lined up around my studio. My theme for the month was maritime madness. I've read doing hard things more often is fun. I agree, but I'm making sure to plan some restful beach hikes soon to recharge my batteries! Most of these and others are available at www.seashop.bigcartel.com except for two I've sold already. I'm excited about the subject matter of my next planned paintings for days 28 & 29 and may stick with this theme for the rest of the year!
 HARBOR PATROL
 DOCKED
 BEACHED & SOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment